Your Patent Professionals
If you are a business with intellectual property—a technology company that develops, makes, and sells proprietary products or code—you have found the world’s best legal team dedicated to serving you in IP/patent law and litigation. We are the Beem Team—skilled, active IP/patent practitioners, with 45 years of combined experience in protecting intellectual assets for our technology and business clients.
We’re Different (and Why That’s Better For You)
- 100% of our lawyers are registered U.S. patent attorneys (qualified and passed the rigorous USPTO patent bar exam) with a minimum of 15 experience in writing, prosecuting, and litigating patents nationwide and internationally. (If you don’t care to know the lawyer or the qualifications of the person doing your work, we’re not the lawyers for you.)
- 100% of our staff are experienced patent paralegals with deep knowledge of the patent process, including electronic filing and interfacing with the USPTO.
- In your first telephone interaction with us (during business hours), you will speak with a real, live, knowledgeable human being who can help you decide whether you want to engage us to advise or represent you in your intellectual property matter.
- We value personal relationships. When you engage us, we will communicate with you. We prefer conversation over emails, and we prefer face-to-face meetings over telephone calls. We partner with you to understand you, your business, your industry, your technology, and your competitive landscape. (If you’re looking for legal services as an arm’s length, impersonal, “commodity” transaction, we are not the lawyers for you.)
- We will commit to a time frame and a budget for your matter, up front whenever possible, and we will hold to those commitments. (If you want to drag out the preparation of your patent application for months while you tinker with your invention—if you don’t care when the patent application gets filed—we’re not the lawyers for you.)
- We are proactive in our representation of you. We will prepare and deliver work product to you for prompt review and approval, and we will interact with you, the USPTO, local counsel, and opposing counsel proactively to advance your interests, keeping you informed of our progress at every step along the way. (If you want to wait until the last minute (and pay for extensions of time), we’re not the lawyers for you—our goal is to achieve your objective timely.)
- We use the very best professionals that we can find, using our vast network of lawyers, law firms, and other service providers across the nation and around the globe. (If you want average or “good enough,” we’re not the lawyers for you.)
- You fit the profile of our ideal client if you are a small or midsize company that is an industry leader in your niche field of technology. You use technology to make better products—be they software, such as online gaming or electronic medical records, or physical products, such as offshore oil drilling equipment or rubber processing systems—and you are or intend to become the market leader in your sector. Thus, your need is for intellectual property that will protect your proprietary technologies and gain and maintain your edge over your competition. (If you’re an individual with an “idea” and no experience in your field, we’re not the lawyers for you. On the other end of the spectrum, if you’re a large conglomerate interested only in amassing the largest arsenal of patents at the lowest cost, we’re not for you.)
- We fight to win. Our goal for you is to win issuance of your patent, to win your trial in court and to sustain that victory on appeal. (If you just want to go through the motions (literally), we’re not the lawyers for you.)
- We customize our services to maximize the value for you and your business. For a patent application, we will use your disclosure, your product, your specifications, as a starting point. The questions that we ask will be targeted and focused to bring out the features and benefits and distinguishing characteristics of your invention. For a litigation, we will prepare your case for trial to a judge or jury in such a way that your story is understandable and persuasive. We believe that the case that is prepared for trial is the case that will win.
What We Can Do For You
Our aim as patent attorneys is to ensure your ownership and rightful profits to the inventions and technological development you have worked so hard to create.
You may want to file patent applications to protect your company’s inventions. You want your applications expertly prepared to withstand U.S. and international examination, post-grant review and challenges when you enforce your patents. If you are looking for a thorough, strategic, robust patent — consider a Beem patent, prepared and prosecuted by an experienced Beem patent attorney.
You may have a patent infringement case. You want a lawyer who will manage your case to a budget, navigate the court system and tell the story of your case. If you are looking for a lawyer to try your patent case to a judge or jury — consider a proven Beem patent trial lawyer to represent your company.
You may be a lawyer — general counsel, IP lawyer or commercial litigator — with a patent case to refer or in which you would like co-counsel or local counsel to act in a substantive role. If you want to bring in a responsive, experienced, and cooperative patent attorney — consider Beem to act on instructions, deliver quality work product, and to keep you fully informed.
In additions to our specialty area of Patents, we have expertise that you may need in other areas of IP, including:
- Patent Litigation and Appeals
- International and Foreign Applications
- Licensing and Agreements
We receive frequent inquiries from IP owners outside the United States and we represent many (US citizens and non-citizens) who are referred to us by patent attorneys from other countries. We welcome you to contact your attorney, who will forward your instructions on to Beem Law to begin the patent process.
We are always ready to provide you with more information about protecting your intellectual property. For more information on Patents, Litigation, Opinions, International & Foreign Applications, Trademarks, Copyrights, and more, please contact us at (312) 201 0011.